Preble County District Library
Revision Date: 07/2011
- RESIDENT: Any person who is of kindergarten age, age 5 or older, or can print their first name and who resides within the State of Ohio is entitled to free library services and may apply for a borrower's card in person at the library.
- Any item that circulates for public use may be borrowed from the library at the time registration is completed. A photo ID with birth-date and a current utility bill as proof of address is required. An exception would be made if the librarian can validate for the patron. In the rare case that a patron cannot produce a utility bill, another current and official document may be used, ex. checkbook with address, bank statement, etc. Thereafter, the card issued in the patron's name should be presented when borrowing items from the library. First time borrowers are restricted to three items only. Patron may borrow a maximum of 50 items/card. Staff has the option of over-riding this limit for proven responsible patrons.
- Each adult borrower is held responsible for all items charged out on his/her card. Parents or guardians are responsible for all items charged out on the card of their underage children.
- A parent/guardian signature is required for a minor. The parent/guardian will be responsible for the appropriateness of materials, including electronic information, and for payment of charges incurred with the card. A legal guardian needs to be present with a minor when signing up for minor's card. If the legal guardian does not currently have their own library card, the legal guardian must present the same requirements for obtaining a card (photo I.D. with birth-date and current utility bill) as if they were signing up for their own card. Foster children will need the signature of their foster parent.
- NON-RESIDENT: Residents of other states and countries may obtain a library card by showing a photo ID and proof of home address. All other policies and regulations are identical to those of a resident borrower. Non-residents will be charged an annual fee of $20.00 for their card.
- A replacement card may be obtained upon the payment of a $1.00 fee, the return of overdue library materials, and the clearance of any fines exceeding the $5.00 maximum.
- Persons abusing their library privileges will have their library card revoked.