Preble County District Library
Library Users' Code of Conduct
These rules have been adopted for the comfort and protection of all those using library materials and services. They will be courteously, but firmly, enforced by the Library staff.
We ask your cooperation in maintaining a pleasant atmosphere, conducive to the effective use of library materials and services.
- Disruptive behavior is not acceptable. This includes any activity that is disruptive, interferes with the
rights of others, or is a misuse of library property. Expulsion from the Preble County District Library and/or loss of library privileges may result from continued violations..
- Any threatening behavior, physical or verbal, toward staff or other patrons will be cause for immediate expulsion
from the Preble County District Library System. Reinstatement to the library will be the decision of the
Director and the Branch Librarian where the incident occurred.
- Persons committing theft, vandalism or other illegal acts are subject to prosecution.
- Assistance animals are the only animals permitted in the building.
- No tobacco products are allowed in any public areas. Eating and drinking are not permitted in any public areas except at meetings or special library programs when so designated by the sponsor.
- Appropriate/proper attire is required in public libraries buildings. Branch Librarians may determine individual cases as necessary.
If you are confronted with the violation of any of these rules, please inform a staff member immediately.
Policy updated June 2013