Rules for every kid to follow to stay safe online.
1. Never talk to strangers. Exchange instant messaging contact information with your friends from school and family. And if someone contacts you that you do not know, tell your parents.
2. Don't share personal information about yourself or your family. Personal information is your first and last name (it's ok to tell someone your first name), where you live, where you go to school, church or when and where you play sports or games.
3. If you hear or see something online that makes you uncomfortable, let your parents know.
4. Never agree to meet someone online.
5. You should only use the internet in a room where your whole family can gather or with a parent.